Cass Career and Summit Tech Information
Frequently Asked Questions
● The morning bus to CCC & STA departs at 7:10 am and returns at approximately 10:25 am each day.
● The bus will pick up students on the South side of the South High School at the sidewalk located by Industrial Tech.
● Students will return to school and unload from the bus by the front foyer entrance. ● If there is a circumstance that requires a student to drive please do not drive to or from CCC or STA without a permission slip that is pre-approved. Students will not be allowed to attend CCC without prior approval for driving—they will be asked to return to RP’s campus.
● RPHS’s first day of school is August 17, 2016.
● The first day of attendance at STA will be August 17, 2016.
● The first day for CCC students will be August 18, 2016. Because CCC students do not have classes the morning of August 17th they do not need to arrive to RPHS until 10:30.
● All CCC & STA students: each day upon arriving back to RPHS you will go to room 103.
● If your student does not have transportation they must report to the Senior Office. Students may not be in the building unsupervised.
● Students will attend STA or CCC each day the programs are in session—If Ray-Pec is not in session, students will still attend STA or CCC and ride the bus as usual.
● Students are not allowed to drive on these days without prior approval. If there is a circumstance that requires a student to drive please do not drive to or from STA or CCC without a permission slip that is pre-approved.
● If CCC or Summit Tech is not in session but Ray-Pec is in session—students get a break and do not need to arrive until 10:30 on most instances. Please check the calendar for specific details. If students do not have transportation on these days they must report to the Senior Office. Students may not be in the building unsupervised at any time.
● Spring Break for RPHS and STA is March 20-March 24, 2017. CCC’s Spring Break is March 24-March 27, 2017.
● If a student is absent, please call both Ray-Pec’s attendance office (816)892-1557 and Summit Tech (816)986-3413 or CCC’s attendance office (816)380-3253.
● Students will not receive credit for their courses if they miss more than 10 days of school per semester. STA requires students to make up attendance in excess of 9 days in order to be granted credit.
Early Release Schedule:
● Students will attend classes at CCC & STA as normal.
● If a student is issued an ISS or OSS he/she will not be allowed to attend STA or CCC on days the student serves the discipline for RPHS.
More information is available at: http://rpseniors.weebly.com/ccc--sta---monthly-schedule-information.html
If you have any questions please email, call or notify Christa Fish (email@example.com 816.892.1414) or Kristina Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org 816.892.1406).